Global Finance media is expanding and seeks to bring in a new editor at the Managing Editor level.
Applicants must be legally able to work in the US and physically able to work on-site in our Manhattan offices on a regular basis (not necessarily 5 days per week).
Global Finance is a digital and monthly print magazine serving an international audience of public and private-sector finance professionals, including central bankers, corporate chairmen, presidents, C-suite leaders and other senior financial officers. Global Finance magazine has an audited circulation of 50,050 and readers in 163 countries. Its headquarters are in New York, with offices in London and Milan.
Gfmag.com contains the same insights and interviews found in the print magazine, plus extras. The economic data pages and rankings serve as a valuable source of information on 192 countries and offers analysis and articles that are the heritage of over 30 years of experience in international financial markets.
Each year, Global Finance selects the best financial institutions worldwide in various corporate finance business segments such as foreign exchange, trade finance, treasury & cash management, and more. These awards have become a recognized and trusted standard of excellence.
Global Finance is part of Class Editori Group, a publicly listed Italian finance and lifestyle media company with a solid digital presence and international partnerships.
About the job
The major responsibilities of this position include (but are not limited to):
- Overseeing Global Finance magazine and the daily work of its editorial staff in conjunction with the top editor.
- Overseeing recruitment and onboarding of contributors; in conjunction with the top editor, plan and approve assignments for writers and editors.
- Overseeing editing and preparation of content for the montly print magazine, weekly newsletters, and website, including editing copy, writing headlines and captions, etc.
- Writing on global financial issues and conducting interviews of leading policymakers, finance executives, and other experts in the field.
- Maintaining and updating, as needed, procedures for editing, verifying facts, and ensuring contributors adhere to deadlines and style guidelines for Global Finance magazine.
- Overseeing a dozen awards programs throughout the year, including planning, recruiting, assignments, editing and deadline management.
- Overseeing the posting of articles in our content management system to create, build, post, and tag site content.
- Overseeing selection and use of images to accompany articles and coordinating data visualizations for print and web
- Benchmark editorial achievement and monitor performance
- Eight or more years’ experience in financial or international affairs journalism
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Global Finance and international affairs
- Experience with digital publishing, social media, and multimedia editing
- Bachelors degree or higher
- Familiarity with Wordpress, InDesign, Analytics/GA4
- Prior work with data visualization preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects in a deadline driven environment
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with proven ability to work with small groups and senior staff, and on projects spanning different time zones and cultural contexts
- Ability to work on-site in our Manhattan offices on a regular basis, not necessarily five days per week.
$80,000 to $110,000 per year, commensurate with experience and education
Send a brief email cover letter and your resume to email@example.com